Monday, December 5, 2011

Playing for Change

I was a little irked by the dismissive treatment music was given by a few of our philosophers, and I've been trying to think of ways music isn't merely the transient, indulgent/luxurious thing it may appear to be on the surface. Playing for Change has allowed me my "Aha!" moment in this pursuit. Playing for Change is a kind of charity that unites people globally through music. The impression this kind of movement leaves on me is lasting, and one can hardly categorize a charity as luxurious, especially when it has such noble intentions as Playing for Change has. The organization has pieced together many songs that I find beautiful and catchy and unique, and "Stand By Me" is just one of great songs I could have chosen (if I'm not mistaken, it's also their first).

No comments:

Post a Comment