Monday, November 21, 2011

Grace

This is a picture of my pup, Grace. I'm posting this picture on our Beauty Blog because during this last week before Thanksgiving break, all I can think about is how grateful I am for the chance to go home and see my family (including Grace). Personally, this semester has been full of unexpected twists and turns, some good and some bad, but I've realized that the bad came when I became disconnected from my family and too consumed in school work or professional life. Therefore, I am calling this break my saving grace because it is allowing me to ground myself in family values and familiarity once again.
Obviously, the play on my dog's name is why her picture is posted here, but I also chose this photo because it represents the familiarity to which I cannot wait to return this weekend. Out of all of the people who look at this blog post, only I will feel a sense of comfort founded in knowing this dog and exactly where the couch she is laying on is positioned in my home that belongs only to my family and me. Therefore, I find beauty in the comforting familiarity of this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment