Monday, November 28, 2011

Faerie Houses

I know that faerie houses probably seem like a silly idea to many people, but I find everything about them to be beautiful. (Here is a picture of a particularly intricate one) The design of the homes themselves are charming or pretty at best, but it's the whole concept put together that I find beautiful. Designing a home for imaginary creatures is a true exercise of the imagination, and actually building the entire structure requires a lot of dedication and time. Every single faerie house is a labor of pure creativity, and every single one is unique. I suppose the same can be said of most non-imitative art, though I don't find most non-imitative art to be beautiful. I feel that in this case, at least personally, there must be more to the equation than simply imagination and dedication, though I still can't quite put my finger on what.

No comments:

Post a Comment