Monday, November 7, 2011

Elaine


This picture is of my pet rock, Elaine. She was given to me by my English teacher/Speech Team coach right before my final State Series senior year. My coach was definitely my mentor in high school and has become a close friend since then; therefore, Elaine has meant a lot to me for a lot of sentimental reasons, but I find this rock beautiful aside from that. In particular, I have always been really fascinated by Elaine's "nose." This dark spot is obviously not really a nose, nor does it look like a realistic portrayal of a nose but yet it is how it is always interpreted. I also find that little spot interesting because it is the only spot like it on the rock itself. It is possible that this blemish is exactly what makes this rock beautiful, an idea that echoes some of the philosophy we have read.

No comments:

Post a Comment