Wednesday, November 2, 2011

DJ Squints Coachella

This a picture of my friend Eric, aka DJ Squints, playing a set at Coachella last year (2010). This is a guy I ate lunch with every day in high school, who I saved up money with, and who I travelled around Europe with for a month after we graduated. Totally a normal dude, and also (and I've only recently come to terms with this) way, way cooler than I will ever be.

This image is beautiful to me because, unlike the Morrisey song, I can vicariously enjoy it when my friends become successful. In my life, when things have gone well for people that (at least, in my estimation) have throughly deserved their successes the universe seems to be as it should. If that isn't a beautiful feeling, then I don't know what is.

His website is mostly just a music blog for his radio show at U of A, which you can access here, but you can download his Coachella mash-up playlist, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment