Monday, November 14, 2011

Chagall in Chicago

These are images of The Four Seasons by Chagall. It is a piece of art in downtown Chicago made completely out of tiny pieces of different-colored tile. The patience that had to go into creating this art astonishes me because it is a large artwork made of such small pieces.
The art depicts the four seasons in an euphoric way. At the bottom of the art is a whimsical depiction of the Chicago skyline under images of the four seasons in Chicago. I think this art is beautiful because it pays homage to all the wonderful things the city has to offer during all seasons. I think when we all start complaining about the upcoming Chicago winter next season, I will make a trip to look at this artwork to remind myself of the beauty this city exudes at all times.


No comments:

Post a Comment