Monday, October 24, 2011

Weddings


My boyfriend was part of a wedding this weekend, and sadly I was not able to attend to be his date. Instead, I lived vicariously through the photos he took and through speaking with one of my best friends who is planning to get married in the near future. I know that not everyone will agree with me when I say this but I do believe that there is some magic-like or spiritual quality when it comes to the official union between two people who love one another. I went to my first wedding last year and I was so moved by some of the speeches to the bride and groom and the dances between the bride and father of the bride as well as the groom and mother of the groom. There is so much beauty behind the power of love and idea of making a commitment to share the best and worst parts of your life with another individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment