Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tuesdays With Morrie

This weekend I finally read Tuesday's With Morrie, a wonderful book about appreciating life and not fearing death. As i was reading, i stumbled upon this quote:

"As you grow old, you learn more. If you stayed at twenty-two, you'd always be as ignorant as you were at twenty-two. Aging is not just decay, you know. It's growth"

I read this and I immediately thought how different this perspective was from various philosophers who believed that beauty was found mostly in the youth, not in the old and the decrepit. I agree with Morrie when he states that old age is something to embrace. Aging is actually a very beautiful process, and it's important to note that being young also has it's downfall. Overall, I thought this book was extremely insightful/powerful and should be considered beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment