Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Stop-Animation

I am utterly in love with stop animation. I came across this video recently and found it absolutely admirable. I think you need to be exceptionally talented to create a good story for these kinds of videos, which usually last a few minutes and are certainly shorter than music videos. I never stopped to think that clay-mation is a form of stop animation as well, but that kind of art freaks me out so let's not talk about it. Including those clay-mation Christmas movies. Moving forward- I found this video particularly lovely because of this woman’s encounter with the hidden inanimate objects she finds in this "hole" she creates. Her choppy movements throughout this video, especially in the beginning, make her appear just as inanimate as the objects she interacts with. I find beauty in how objects and individuals appear altered and unusual once they are purposely slowed down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwX7uEiEWx4&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment