Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Neo-futurists

A couple days ago I went to see a show by the Neo-futurist theatre group- the idea for the show is "30 plays in 60 minutes." All the plays, as far as I know, were written by the acting ensemble members. Some plays were artsy and funny others were not so successful. What I found beautiful however, is that the ensemble members didn't address their creations as these serious thinking pieces (even though they sometimes were), this made the less successful segments seem less unsuccessful. Also, the audience involvement in that show is incredible- the way the theatre groups creates an atmosphere of togetherness is fantastic- you really feel like you are a part of their production.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I love that show. I know a couple of the ensemble members, and I try to go whenever I have some spare time and money. All of the shows are written from personal experiences, and they have such a great time putting on the show that their energy is transferred to the crowd.

    ReplyDelete