Wednesday, September 7, 2011


Today I was searching for a little more community, and I found it here.

Although it's unlikely that anyone in this class will agree with me, I am proudly anti-marriage, and therefore proudly anti-same-sex marriage. My community of anti-assimilationists is small, but I'm glad I found a little bit more of it today. To me, rejecting marriage opens up the world to more forms of love that are not sanctioned by state and religion. It opens up the conversation to include civil rights for ALL, not just for those who are willing to let the government (and "God") approve and subsidize their relationship. To me, that is beautiful because it means equality for all, not just equality for those who want to assimilate to straight, coupled culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment