Monday, September 5, 2011


This past Memorial Day there was an impromptu gathering of friends at Montrose Beach in the bird sanctuary and the surrounding area. We spent a gorgeous day mentally colorizing the warm and cool gusts of wind that hit us, taking pictures, telling stories. We eventually ended up at my apartment for an indoor picnic party. The book on my lap is a chapbook of a friend's poetry that I shared with everyone. My friend Janna, as one of the final photographs of the night, captured our knees touching. I find this picture beautiful because it captures what my friends and I call "that day," one of my favorite days ever. Also, it reminds me of the physical and emotional intimacy I have with many of my friends, who I consider my intentional family.

No comments:

Post a Comment