Monday, September 5, 2011

There is a forest preserve by my house that is one of my favorite places in the world, and this is one of the many pictures I have of it. I've always found natural beauty to be the most stunning, and here I always feel like I am surrounded by it. This picture is of the first little curve in the path that leads you into the wooded area, where you can go on off-the-beaten-path adventures, look at stunning views of the lake, and eventually end up in the prairie area that never fails to smell amazing, especially when the grass has been warmed by the sun all afternoon. There's also a new surprise every season, and maybe I'll get to share some of those later. Here, just the way the sun hit the dandelion fluff made the trail seem just that bit more enchanting, more magical. I feel that here, like in a lot of forest preserves, the beauty seems to please more than just your sense of sight, the smell of the sweet grass, the warmth of the sun beating down on your skin, the cool breeze off the lake that gives you just the right amount of refreshment, the songbirds chirping, or the wind blowing through the leaves, it just feels like a complete immersion in beauty in almost every way one can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment