Monday, September 5, 2011

River Road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAqz1X0WDg4

Ever since I've heard this song last spring I find myself playing it at least once a week. It is simple, poignant, and one of the most beautiful songs I can think of. It reminds me of the summer of 2009 and the mornings when I would run through the woods in Hilsborough North Carolina. The trees were as tall as giants and the air was as thick as their trunks. By nightfall it always got cooler but one of the most memorial feelings I had that summer was how care-free I felt in that new atmosphere. I feel like due to the lack of lyrics in this song, it is easy for anymore to hear the melody and draw on a specific moment that makes you feel blissful and happy to feel alive. I think that this song is particularly beautiful because it is so emotional and gives you the freedom to insert your own memories and your own lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment