Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Natural Art



I know the quality of these pictures isn't fantastic, but I find this little natural phenomenon to be extremely beautiful. Whenever there is a time when it gets very wet and then very cold in the winter time, and a layer of ice develops over the snow and pretty much everything else left outside I find that everything becomes extraordinarily beautiful (also much more dangerous). It always gives me the feeling that I am looking at nature-made sculptures, and they're always changing, and never sculpted in the same way twice. Perhaps it is the uniqueness or the coincidental, ephemeral qualities that it has that magnifies the beauty so much for me. Does the fact that something is rare or one-of-a-kind make it more beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment