Sunday, September 18, 2011

Kiss

a kiss could've killed me

Scout Niblett is one of my favorite performers. Here she singcrackles with Will Oldham/Bonnie Prince Billy. Although she has a love song that I find more lyrically poignant than this one ("Do You Wanna Be Buried With My People"), I love both this song and video for the way it can instantly and consistently move me with every listen and viewing. The first time I saw this video, I felt nostalgia for something intangible, like deja vous. I love that both Scout and Will are able and very willing to be ugly, odd, offensive, touching, vulnerable, and beautiful all at once. They are indie darlings who got that way from knowing how to both soothe and suckerpunch their followers in the same song or performance. They make some of the most beautiful music I know. Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment