Monday, September 19, 2011

Autumn

To me, autumn is the most beautiful season. Every season has its beautiful scenery, but there is just this indescribable air to autumn that makes it surpass even spring in beauty. It's not just the smells, the sights, or the amazing weather, there is something extra that I just can't put my finger on. Almost all of the trees, once only obligatory shades of green now burst with personality as they take on golden, crimson, or bronze colors. The leaves litter the ground as if to make up for the loss of green in the grass, and everything put together makes up that unbelievably homey smell. If you've taken a stroll through the woods in mid-autumn, you know what I'm talking about. There are pictures that would help me further elaborate the beauty of autumn, but I feel they would limit my definition of the season as well (especially since I'm not just talking about a visual scene, but smells and feelings that I can't post on here). Could a whole season or length of time be beautiful? Or would it be considered an immersion in beauty/many beautiful things?

No comments:

Post a Comment